Strata....by Susan Lenz

The "Strata Series" was inspired by the cross-sectional profiles of the earth. The resulting series was worked on water-soluble fabric in free motion machine embroidery. The series was SHORT LIVED. Thus, this blog is a place to BURY blog posts....in the cross-sectional profiles. It functions as a support area for my "main" blog which is Art in Stitches by Susan Lenz.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Annamaria


 

Annamaria

2010
21” x 15”

This is the only time I’ve made a grave rubbing from a relative's marker ....well, not a "blood relative". Annamaria was my Aunt Margaret's sister. Aunt Margaret married my Dad's older brother, my Uncle Mathias....for whom my elder son is named. (They had no children.)  The grave is in the little town of Udvari, Hungary....a place I visited with my Mom, Dad, and sister Wanda during the summer of 2010.  Though my family came from Hungary, they were Germans.  Hence, the words are in German.  It was difficult to make this grave rubbing because the Lutheran Church is abandoned and the churchyard is totally overgrown with years of weed growth.  It was worth the effort.  I made the grave rubbing with my father holding the fabric in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home