Strata....by Susan Lenz

The "Strata Series" was inspired by the cross-sectional profiles of the earth. The resulting series was worked on water-soluble fabric in free motion machine embroidery. The series was SHORT LIVED. Thus, this blog is a place to BURY blog posts....in the cross-sectional profiles. It functions as a support area for my "main" blog which is Art in Stitches by Susan Lenz.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Only Child


 

Only Child

2010
16” x 16”

In November 2009 I was in Texas installing my solo show, Blues Chapel.  I met many great people....including a lady who sent me a package full of amazing antique and vintage material. It spilled out onto my studio table in such a way that I could already "see" this little quilt. Yes, the doll's dress came in the stash!  It didn't take long for me to know exactly what to do. I spent Easter morning in the cemetery. Church bells chimed in the distance; the weather was warm; the sun shining; everything was perfect. I found the rubbing I wanted: ONLY CHILD. That's worth remembering...especially on Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home